Open up the full potential of the KH 80 DSP
Via standard IP networking, Neumann.Control gives full access to all the functions of the KH 80 DSP Studio Monitor not already available via the back panel. Systems of loudspeakers can be defined, from mono to 3D, aligned for a good in-room sound, and then operated centrally: Setup, Align, Operate. Neumann.Control for iPad®
The perfect sound of mathematics at work
We know every nuance, every surface and every angle of the KH 80 DSP. It sounds so pure, because we are directing every soundwave so precisely.
The KH 80 DSP’s design is based on computer simulations that calculate with an accuracy that others do not match. Our Mathematical Modeled Dispersion Waveguide (MMD™) provides our studio series with a solid base for precise sound direction that stays absolutely unique. Doing your sums properly has never sounded so good.
The biggest variable is your room. We have the solution.
It might be a project studio, an outside broadcast van, or just a corner of a building: The room defines the sound. Surfaces and corners in the room cause interference, diffraction, reflection, and refraction: all are forms of distortion. For a really true sound, you normally need expensive equipment plus plenty of time and expertise to align it correctly – or smart algorithms. Our DSP engine optimizes the sound output, delivering quality way above price-tag. And you do not need to be an expert use it. The The KH 80 DSP is ready for use with our Neumann.Control software, which allows you to control and optimize the system.
Professional standards for everyone
Highest quality components, high-end protection systems and performance reserves are what you would expect from this studio class product. Its quality and design makes the KH 80 DSP a flexible near-field studio monitor, which delivers professional-quality sound wherever you need it. It can be used in studios, editing rooms or outside broadcast trucks. Some of our customers like it so much, they use KH 80 DSPs in their living rooms. And why not? Our latest monitor delivers digital precision for a masterpiece of analog technology: your ears.
Control and align the monitor with your iPad®
The Neumann.Control app for iPads® offers several features allowing you to setup, align and operate the KH 80 DSP even in large setups up to 9 loudspeakers.
The key features are:
- 1, 2, 4, 5, 7 and 9 loudspeakers
- Identify loudspeakers on the network that are in the room
- Assign the identified loudspeakers to positions in the room
- Guided Alignment – a set of simple questions resulting a well-balanced sound. The Guided Alignment is a process where you are asked very simple questions about the room and the loudspeaker position, and then the app adjusts the response of each loudspeaker accordingly
- Manual Alignment – an 8-band fully parameteric equaliser for expert users. In Manual Alignment expert users have complete freedom to adjust an 8-band parametric equalizer, levels and delays in each loudspeaker as they wish. Manual Alignment can also be used to edit Guided Alignments in a more detailed way.
- System and alignment selection
- Volume control, preset levels, dim, mute all
- Groups, solos, mutes
- Other system settings such as delay, standby level and logo brightness